Wednesday, May 19, 2010
This is the most all time favorite and easiest recipe in chicken recipe.It is popular outside of India, in other parts of South Asia where it is eaten as a starter before a meal.This recipe needs to marinate at least 8 hours or overnight.Chicken is marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, and plenty of spices, then grilled or baked.It is moderately hot, but the heat is reduced in most Western nations. Cayenne pepper, red chili powder or kashmiri red chilli powder is used to give it a fiery red hue. A higher amount of Turmeric produces an orange colour. In some modern versions, both red and yellow food colourings are used. It is traditionally cooked at high temperatures in a clay oven (tandoor), but can also be prepared on a traditional grill.
3 skinned Chicken Quarters
2 tblsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
4 tblsp Yogurt
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Salt
food color a pinch
2 tblsp melted Ghee
Method to make tandoori chicken:
* Make 3-4 cuts in each chicken quarter using a knife.
* Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish.
* put all the above masala ingredients to the chicken and mix it well
* Let it marinate for about 5 - 6 hour.
* Preheat the oven to 350 F
* place chicken in a oven tray and let it roast for about 1 hour.
* Bast frequently and turn once.
* The chicken should be tender and most of the marinade should be evaporated.
* Garnish it with lemon wedges and onion rings and serve hot.