Wednesday, May 19, 2010
1/2 kg chicken
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp dhania(coriander)powder
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp fresh yogurt
a pinch of garam masala
a pinch of turmeric powder
for biryani masala:
1/2 medium onium chopped
few coriander leaves
few pudina leaves
2-3 green chilles
2 garlic cloves
1/2 inch ginger
1/2 small cup oil
1/2 tsp saunf
1 tsp mustard
2-3 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 maratha moggu
1 Ananas Hoovu/Star Anise/Chakkra moggu
few chopped onion
1 large cup basamati rice
* Clean the chicken and mix all the above given marination masala.
* Let it marinate for 1hour.
* Meanwhile make a paste of the biryani masala.
* Heat a cooker, put oil in it.
* Put mustard.let it sputter for a sec.
* Add saunf,bay leaves,cinnamon,cloves,maratha moggu and ananas hoovu.
* Then put onion and roast it till brown.
* Later add marinated chicken and mix well.
* Put grounded masala,salt,tomato.
* Mix well and close the cooker.
* Cook it for 1 whistle.
* After cooker cools down,open the lid and mix it well
* Put soaked basamati rice and limited amount of water u required.
* Mix well and close the cooker
* Let the rice cook for another 1 whistle.
* Allow the cooker to cool naturally. Serve chicken biryani hot.